본 내용은 DDOKBARO.COM에 그 저작권이 있습니다. 상업적 이용을 제외한 어떠한 사용도 가능하며, 자료를 인터넷상에 이용하실 경우에는 "출처 표기"를 해주시기 바랍니다.
一、 Choose the word whose pronunciation of the underlined part is different from the
other three in each group: (8%)
1. A. enough B. weight C. neighbor D. although
2. A. bread B. weather C. breath D. weak
3. A. town B. shown C. south D. pronounce
4. A. completed B. planted C. decided D. explained
5. A. smooths B. officers C. scientists D. tables
6. A. suggestion B. attention C. celebration D. composition
7. A. chemistry B. Christmas C. chest D. stomach
8. A. cook B. food C. foot D. wood
二、 Choose a word or phrase that can be used instead of each of the underlined part: (12%)
9. After his wife's death he aged quickly.
A. didn't want to live B. died C. became old D. grew up
10. He was the first in the race.
A. defeated B. won C. best D. hit
11. Please drop in when you come to Beijing next time.
A. visit me B. phone me C. write me D. tell me
12. The little girl is very fond of her sister's chocolates.
A. feels a great need for B. feels a love for
C. feels a good idea of D. feels proud of
13. Look out when you cross the street
A. Be calm B. Be brave C. Be quick D. Be careful
14. The little girl is too weak to raise the heavy box.
A. rise B. put C. get D. lift
15. We waited at the airport till the plane had taken off.
A. left the ground B. flown away C. landed D. disappeared
16. She is a very helpful girl.
A. a girl who needs help from others
B. a gift who is very important for others
C. a gift who is willing to help others
D. a gift who feels lonely
17. We decided to delay going on our holidays until next month.
A. put off B. stop C. be late for D. give up
18. I get happiness from listening to music.
A. take pride in B. enjoy C. praise D. admire
19. Lesson Nine is very interesting.
A. Ninth Lesson B. Nineth Lesson
C. The Ninth Lesson D. The Nineth Lesson
20. If he doesn't turn up before noon, we'll have to go without him.
A. getup B. keep up C. hurry D. arrive
三. Multiple Choose: Choose the best answer for each blank. (20%)
21. It is said that the shop will reduce the price of
A. radioes B. radio C. radios D. radio's
22. That woman over there is
A. a friend of my sister B. a friend of my sisters
C. a friend of my sister's D. a friend of sister'
23. She is more beautiful, but healthy than her sister.
A. least B. less C. more D. most
24. These apples taste
A. well B. good C. to be well D. to be good
25. The hero of the story is an artist in his
A. thirtieth B. thirty C. thirty's D. thirties
26. David and Lily good friends.
A. used to be B. used to being C. are used to be D. are used to being
27. Don't hurry. There is still time.
A. few B. little C. a few D. a little
28. Don't smoke in the classroom. ?
A. will you B. do you C. can you D. could you
29. Englishman who could not speak French bought useful
A. An; an B. An; a C. A; an D. A; a
30. The music was loud that you could hear it from miles away.
A. too B. so C. such D. very
31. I'm looking forward to you in the office building.
A. meet B. have met C. met D. meeting
32. Tom and Peter were both very fired. But of them would stop to take a rest.
A. neither B. none C. either D. all
33. He had made his decision and refused his mind.
A. changing B. changed C. to change D. Change
34. __ is still unknown when they are going to inspect the factory.
A. Which B. That C. It D. What
35. We don't know
A. that the students are doing B. that are the students doing
C. what are the students doing D. what the students are doing
36. A harvester is a man is harvesting or a machine we harvest crops.
A. who; by which B. that; which C. that; that D. who; with which
37. David lost his key but now he it.
A. found B. has found C. finds D. is finding
38. It was in 1939 the World War II broke out.
A. when B. which C. that D. how
39. more time, I can do the work better.
A. Given B. Giving C. Tog ire D. Being given
40. You go with me, if you don't want to.
A. needn't to B. don't need didn't need to D. needn't
四、 Reading Comprehension(30%)
Light travels at a speed which is about a million times faster than the speed of sound. In one second, light travels about 300,000 kilometers. But sound travels only 344 meters. You can get some idea of this difference by watching the start of a race if you stand some distance away from the starter. You can see smoke from his gun before the sound reaches your ears.
This great speed of light produces some strange facts. Sunlight takes about 8 minutes to reach us. If you look at the light of the moon tonight, remember that the light rays (光线) left the moon 1.3 seconds before they reached you. The nearest star is so far away that the light which you can see from it tonight started to travel towards you four years ago at a speed of nearly 2 million kilometers per minute. In some cases, the light from one of tonight's stars started on its journey to you before you were born.
Thus, if we want to be honest, we can't say, "The stars are shining tonight" . We have to say, "The stars look pretty, they were shining four year ago but their light has only just reached the earth."
41. Light speed is than sound speed.
A. million times faster B. a million times slower
C. about millions limes faster D. about a million times faster
42. If you stand 200 meters away from a man who is firing a gun to start a race you will find out that .
A. you can hear the gun before you see the smoke
B. sound does not travel as fast as light
C. the sound of the gun will reach you before the man fires his gun
D. sound travels about a million times faster than light.
43. Sunlight obviously than the light of the moon.
A. has to travel a greater distance B. moves less quickly
C. travels much more quickly D. less powerful
44. The scientific way of saying "The stars are shining tonight" should be.
A. the stars have been shining all the time
B. the stars seen tonight will be shining four years later
C. the stars were shining long ago but seen tonight
D. the starlight seen today could be seen four years ago
45. The light of the nearest star you see tonight has been for years.
A. on the earth B. on the moon C. away from the sun D. away from that star
Mr Jackson was tired of living in his old house in the country side and wanted to sell it and buy a better one. He tried to sell it for a long time, but was not successful, so at last he decided to go to an estate agent房产经纪人）.
The agent advertised(登广告) the house straight away, and a few days later, the owner saw a very beautiful photograph of his house, with a wonderful description of his garden in an expensive magazine.
Having read the advertisement through, the house owner hurried to phone the estate agent, saying, "I'm sorry, Mr Jones, but I've decided not to sell my house after ail", "Why?" in a surprised voice the agent asked. "Because from the advertisement in that magazing I can see it's just the kind of house I've wanted to live in all my life."
46. Mr Jackson wanted to sell his house because
A. he needed some money to support his family
B. his house was too old to live in
C. he wanted some money to buy a new one
D. he didn't want to live in the house any longer
47. The reason why Mr Jackson went to the estate agent was
A. he had failed in selling his house by himself
B. he wanted the estate agent to help him to get a good price
C. he was sure that the estate agent could help him
D. he wanted the estate to advertise his house in the magazine
48. At last Mr Jones
A. was successful in selling the house
B. felt sorry to have lost a sale by his doing too good a job
C. was satisfied with what he had done in the advertisement
D．didn’t understand why Mr Jackson had changed his mind
49. Mr Jackson decide not to sell his house because
A. the buyer offered him little money
B. the estate agent wanted too much money
C. he found his house was just the one he wanted to live in
D. he was pleased with the photograph and the description of his house in the magazine
50. What do you think of the advertisement in magazines?
A. They are worth reading
B. They usually make things far better than they really are
C. They are a great help to those who want to buy something
D. They describe things as they really are
Strange things happen to time when you travel, because the earth is divided into twenty-four time zones one hour apart. You can have days with more or fewer than twenty-four hours, and weeks with more or fewer than seven days.
If you make a five-day trip across the Atlantic Ocean, your ship enters a different time zone every days. As you enter each zone, the time changes one hour. Traveling west, you set your clock back, traveling east, you set it ahead. Each day of your trip has either twenty-five or twenty-three hours.
If you travel by ship across the Pacific, you cross the international date line. By agreement, this is the point where a new day begins. When you cross the line, you change your calendar one full day, backward or forward. Traveling east, today becomes yesterday, traveling west, it is tomorrow.
51. Strange things happen to time when you travel because
A. no day really have twenty-four hours.
B. the earth is divided into times zones.
C. time zones are not all the same size.
D. no one knows where time zones begin.
52. The difference in time between zones is
A. seven days B. twenty four hours C. one hour D. more than 7 days
53. If your cross the ocean going east, you set your clock.
A. ahead one hour in each new time zone.
B. ahead one hour for the whole trip.
C. back one full day for each time zone.
D. ahead by twenty-three hours.
54. The international date time is the name for.
A. the beginning of any new time zone.
B. any point where time changes by one hour.
C. the point where a new day begins.
D. any time zone in the Pacific.
55. The best title for this passage is
A. A Trip Across the Atlantic
B. How Time Changes Around the World
C. Crossing the International Date Line
D. How Time Zones Were set up
五、Choose the best answer for each blank to complete the following passage: ( 15% )
I have always liked going to school. I enjoy learning new things and 56 new people. I was trying think of my school work 57 a challenge (挑战) instead of as an unpleasant duty. My parents have taught me the value 58 a good education and the importance of 59 doing my best.
My father says that school is "the cradle of education. ' I think 60 is true. A 61 school is like a baby who is put into a cradle. There he begins growing in school, the student begins has education, which will continue as long as he lives.
My school is not very large, but I think it is excellent. This year I am studying maths, English, Chinese, science history and geography. 62 college. My teachers are very strict. We study very hard in class and always have homework. I am learning more and more every day . My best grades are in English 63 science. 64. fact, my English teacher is encouraging me 65 my English studies after high school. She is my best and 66 teacher. She always has the time and patience(耐心） to help me when I have questions. I have great respect 67 her.
I believe a good education is one of the most important things a person 68 Although l participate in (参加) many activities 69 of school, my school work always comes first. And if a student has a positive attitude about school, he will enjoy it more and learn more it. In the years to come he will be glad he 70 hard while in "the cradle of education.
56. A. know B. to meeting C. work with D. meeting
57. A. with B. as C. for D. like
58. A. such B. for C. at D. of
59. A. frequent B. always C. continue D. goon
60. A. which B. he C. that D. as
61. A. go to B. study in C. beginning D. off
62. A. as all as B. in order to prepare C. preparing D. to prepare for
633. A. or B. but C. so is D. and
64. A. According B. About C. In D. with
65. A. to continue B. going on C. for D. with
66. A. favoritest B. good C. old D. favorite
67. A. with B. of C. for D. on
68. A. has gained B. can have C. may make D. will bed one
69. A. ought B. outing C. things D. outside
70. A. will study B. studied C. study D. have studied
六, Writing: (15)
Howard Morris is an English student. He wants to be a pen-pal(笔友) of a Chinese
student. Suppose you are Howard Morris, write a letter of about 120 words with the materials
Howard Morris 是一个英国学生，他想一个中国学生建立笔友联系，假设你是
Howard Moms, 用下面的材料写一封给一个中国学生的信，字数大约120字
CURRICULUM VITAE 履历表
NAME Howard Morris SEX Male STATUS Single
HEAL TH healthy DATE OF BIRTH 22 / 7 / 78
PLACE OF BIRTH Dulwich, London
PRESENT ADDRESS 66 Cambridge street, London,W27. England
FATHER: John Moms Engineer Texas Thaker co.
MOTHER: Susan Moms Maths teacher South High School
SISTER: Amis Moms Doctor Central Hospital, London
1985 - 1991. Fairlawn Primary School
1991 - 1997 South High School
1997 - 1998 Oxford University
Waterskiing Baseball Cycling
1. A 2. D 3. C 4. D 5. C 6. A 7. C 8. B
二、词汇 ( 12小题，共12分)
9. C 10. B 11. A 12. B 13. D 14. D
15. A 16. C 17. A 18. B 19. C 20. D
21. C 22. C 23. B 24. B 25. D
26. A 27. D 28. A 29. B 30. B
31. D 32. A 33. C 34. C 35. D
36. D 37. B 38. C 39. A 40. D
41. D 42. B 43. A 44. C 45. D
46. D 47. A 48. B 49. C 50. B
51. B 52. C 53. A 54. C 55. B
56. D 57. B 58. B 59. B 60. C
61. C 62. D 63. D 64. C 65. A
66. D 67. C 68. B 69. D 70. D
My name is Howard Morris. I am a boy-student in Oxford University. I am twenty years old. I have a wonderful family. My father is an engineer, who works in Texas Thaker Co. My mother teaches in South High School in London. She is in change of teaching Maths in that school. I have a sister. Her name is Amis Morris, who works as a doctor.
As a student in England, I would like very much to make you friends so that we may know each other better. And we may share different cultures to promote friendship between our two nations. I am active in sports. My favourate sports are to go waterskiing, to play baseball as well as cycling. I should be very grateful if you would let me know something about yourself. Enclosed in the letter you may find my address,
66 Cambridge street, London, W27. England
I look forward to heating from you soon.