본 내용은 DDOKBARO.COM에 그 저작권이 있습니다. 상업적 이용을 제외한 어떠한 사용도 가능하며, 자료를 인터넷상에 이용하실 경우에는 "출처 표기"를 해주시기 바랍니다.
1. A. south B. young C. shout D. round
2. A. unit B. struck C student D. few
3. A. thing B. through C. with D. breath
4. A. chemistry B. chairman C. Chinese D. chalk
5. A. field 13. believe C die D. thief
6. A. gain B. main C. mountain D. straight
7. A. degree B. angry C. energy D. agree
8. A. sew B. suit C. suppose D. sugar
9. The teacher in the classroom was astonished at what John said
A. greatly surprised B. shouted loudly C. hid completely D. very excited
10. It's no wonder she came home so early.
A. wonderful 13. not surprising C. not easy to understand EX not gt
11. Don't stay there beyond 10 o'clock.
A. before B. until C. after D towards
12. Even computer cannot avoid mistakes.
A. be free from B. correct C repair 12). make fewer
13. Once in a while, he came to have a talk with me.
3.. Ever3, week B. Every two week C Now and then D. When asked
I4. He was worn out after the race
A. Worried B. carried away C. disappointed D. tired out
15. There is hardly any difference between the two maps
A .almost not B. not C. much El some
16.I am sorry. I have broken a glass
Never mind I can buy another one
A. You need not pay for it B. Never worry
C. You are very pay for it D. It doesn't matter
17. The earth is actually a bit nearer to the sun in January than in July
A. almost B. in fact C hardly D nearly always
18. He got on very well with his fellow workers
A took care of B. was friendly to C was helpful to EX kept in touch with
19. Because of the cold in winter, some birds move to the south
A. To pass through B To pass by C. By mason of D. In spite of
20.she led her children into the room, then started to cook supper for them.
A. began to cook B. was about cook C. thought of cook D. planned to cook
21. please stop Let's listen to the radio
A. arguing B. to argue C be arguing D argue
22. It was not until 1936 basketball became a part of the Olympic Games
A. which B. than C. that D then
23. She returned home from the market only to find the door open and a number of
A. stole B. missing C missed D stealing
24. Mr. Zhang isn't here yet I think he about the meeting
A. should have forgotten B. ought to forget
C must have forgotten D. may forget
25. Would you like to join us?
-- I am not as any of you
A. so a good player B. a player so good C a so good player D. so good player
26. Last week a rare stamp at a price of 6,000 dollars
A. sold B. was sold C had sold D. has been sold
27. The president told me that I was given three days to decide whether I the offer
A. will accept B. would accept C. have accepted D. had accepted
28, Be quiet, everybody. The students of Class Two a listening test.
A. had B. would accepted C. would have D. are having
29. white, the kitchen looks much better than before.
A. paints B. painted C. painting D. To paint
30. The telephone was invented in 1876 by a man Alexander Graham Bell
A. named B. to follow C. following D. that follows
31. There came a terrible cry the fall of the pole.
A. followed B. to follow C following D. that follows
32. Someone was speaking there; the voice was familiar us.
A. by B. to C. for D. with
33. The research results show that the earth goes a little faster it is closer to the sun.
A. as if B. so that C than D. when
34. She earns a good salary, so she be deep in debt.
A. can't B. must C. needn't D. should
35. 1 don't trust him at all. His smiles always make me .
A. feeling .sick B. be sick C. being sick D sick
36. his party to power for the fourth time, he becomes famous among Westen leader.
A. Lead B. Leading C. Have led D. Having led
37. I showed him the picture I of the animals the day before, and told him the story.
A. was taken B. have taken C. had taken D. was taking
58. A toy car that a few pence thirty years ago is worth 800 pounds now.
A. cost B. costs C had cost D. has cost
39. If you drink too much ,your health will get even .
,au bad B. poor C. worse D. not well
40. For centuries, people from all over the world have claimed strange
A. to have seen B. having .seen C. to .see D. seeing
About 70 million Americans are trying to lose weights. This is almost one out of 41 three people in the United States Some people go on This 42 they eat less of certain foods, especially fat and sugars 43 people exercise with special equipment ,take medicine, 44 even have surgery, Losing weight is hard work, 45 it can also cost a lot of money, so 46 do so many people in the United States want to lose 47 ?Many people in the United States are 48 for looking young and pleasant To many people, 49 good means being thin, Other people worry about their 50 Many doctors say being overweigh 5l unhealthy. But are Americans really fat? A; most 30 million Americans weigh at least 20 percent 52 than their proper weight. 53 ,the United states is the most overweight country in the world,' The stored 54 of adult Americans weighs 2,300million pounds' said an American scientist. He said burning off that Although losing weight is hard work, most people want to find a fast and easy way to take off fat.
41. A. the B. all C. every D. these
42. A. tells B. means C. shows D. asks
43. A. others B. Other C. All D. Those
44. A. or B. that C. which D. until
45. A. although B. but C. and D. unless
46. A. what B. how C. when D. why
47.A money B. weight C chance D. mind
48. A. ready B. worried C. anxious D. annoyed
49. A. being B. looking C. eating D. acting
50. A. friends B. looks C. health D. relations
51. A. makes B. made C was D. is
52. A. fats B. less C more D. heavy
53. A. However B. In fact C. At last D. Besides
54.A. energy B. weight C fat D flesh
55. A. strong B. enough C. great D. much
What must you do when you receive a present for your birthday? You have to sit down and write a thank - you note. The words "Thank you" very important. We have to use them on so many occasions We say them when someone gives us a drink, helps us to pick up things, hands us a letter, leads us a book or gives us lift.
Another important word is" please" Many people forget to use it. It is rude to ask someone to do something without saying pleas" We have to use it when we ask for something, too It may be a book or a pencil, more rice or more sauce, help or advice, It may be in the classroom ,at home, at the bus-stop or over the counter, We have to use" please" to make request pleasant.
We have to learn to say "sorry" too. When we have hurt someone's feeling, we'll have to go up and say we're sorry .When we have told a lie and feel sorry, we will have to use the same word When we have forgotten something or broken a promise, we will have to explain with that word, too. "Sorry" is a healing word We can make people forget wrongs by using it sincerely.
These three words are -simple but important. Man had to use them long ago. We have to use them now. Our children will have to use them again. They are pleasing words to use in any language.
56. When we receive a birthday present, we have to .
A. return it B. give it to one of out friends
C do nothing D. write a thank one-you note
57. When someone helps us to do something, we should .
A. thank him B. say sorry to him
C use the word "please" D. not say anything
58. One of the important words in any language is .
A. hello B. yes C no D. please
59. We have to use the words in any language is .
A. hurt someone's feelings B. ask for something
C. receive a pleasant D. have told a lie
60. The three important words is .
A, thanks, hello and goodbye B. yes, no and really
C thanks, please and sorry D. well. please and pardon
The agricultural revolution in the nineteenth century involved two things: the invention of labor-saving machinery and the development of scientific agriculture, Labor-saving machinery naturally appeared first where labor was scarce." In Europe," said Thomas Jefferson, "the object is to make the most of their !and, labor being abundant; here it is to make the most of our labor, land being abundant." It was in the United states , therefore, that the great advances in nineteenth century agricultural machinery first came. At the opening of the century, with the exception of crude plow, farmers could have carded practically all of the existing agricultural implements on their back;' by 1860,most of the machinery in use today had been desired in an early from .The most important of the early inventions was the iron plow, As early as 1790 Charles Newbold of New jersey had been working on the idea of a cast-iron plow and spent his entire fortune in introducing his invention. The farmer, however, were not interested in it, darning that the iron poisoned soil and made the weeds grow. Nevertheless, many people devoted their attention to the pkow, until in 1869 James ()fiver of south Indiana, mined out the first chilled-steel plow.
61 .What is the main topic of the passage?
A. The need for a agricultural advances to help feed a growing population
B. The development of safer machines demanded by the labor movement
C. Machinery that contributed to the agricultural revolution
D. New jersey as a leader in the agricultural revolution
62. The word "naturally" in line3is closest in meaning to
A. unsurprisingly B gradually C apparently D safely
63. The expression "make the most of" in line 4 is closest in meaning to
A. get the best-yield from B raise the price of
C exaggerate the worth of D earn a living on
64. What point is the author making by stating that farmers could carry nearly all their
tools on their backs?
A. Farmers had few tools before the agricultural revolution
B. People in the United States were traditionally self-reliant
C. Life on file farm was extremely difficult
D. New tools were designed to the portable
65. When was the iron plow invented?
A. In 1790 B. In the early 1800's C It 1869 D. It the early, 1900's
Joe and Helen Mills had two small children. One of them was six, and the other was four. The)' always resisted going to bed, and Helen was always complaining to Joe about this, but as he did not come back home from work until after she had gone to Joe bed during the week, he was unable to help except at weekends. Joe considered himself a good singer, hut really his voice was not at all musical However, he decided that if sang to the children when they went to bed, it world help them to relax. But on Sunday night, he heard his small son whisper to his younger sister,' if you pretend that you are asleep, he will stop!"
66. The two children
A. liked staying up late B. always sat up for their dad till after the midnight
C. always played throughout file night D. always found it hard to ~ sleep
67. Helen always complained to Joe
A about his coming late B. about her housework
C about the naughty children D. the children were always unwilling to ,go to bed
68. When could Joe have time?
A. during the week B. from Monday to Friday
C. on Saturday and Sunday D. from Sunday to Saturday
69. The word "musical" in the passage means
A. low enough B. pleasant C. like singing D for music
70. Which statement is true?
A. The children enjoy their Father's singing well
B. Their father's singing gave them much relax
C. Their father sang them to sleep ex, every day
D. The boy told his sister to pretend to sleep so that their father would not sing any
The most important day in my life